Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cap Ale vs Mamma Zu 1-2 loss

Ok,
Hate to lose to those guys. I think we played a pretty solid passing game and had some good ops for scoring. We just couldn't buy one. Always the way with Cap Ale.

The positives are we had some good play from a lot of people. Some of the negativity is disheartening, but I want to put that behind us and start to gel as a team. The other teams love it when we are sniping at each other. It is a personal choice to just keep a cool head. As in the words of some Jet from West side. "reeeeeal Coooooool boy" Support your teammates and keep everything positive. We are here to enjoy soccer.

Thank you Alex for a beautiful goal in the last 2 minutes. We never gave up and we took it to them.

Subs.
We are going to have to sub. If you are not getting the playing time you thought you were going to get, I will personally refund your fees. I want everyone on the same page. Play hard and expect to have a sub. Make the most of your shift. There are teams that have 22 guys. There are different ways of going about subs and all of them were proposed at halftime. I will say it again like we started the game. I want to run 20 minutes, then do subs. We can make it quicker in the second half but we need to be able to go out and play a solid shift. That is the guideline I will use. Believe me, I want everyone to get ample playing time. We had 16 today. 2 guys were out. We will likely have games with 18. This squad is the best I feel Mamma Zu has ever had. Lets roll with it and play the beautiful game.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment